Sunday, March 30, 2008

Up and Down Weekend

Well life certainly throws different challenges our way sometimes.

Well I arrived home sat morning to discover my house had been broken into!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My TV is gone, all of my jewellery and Wayne's, a friends camera, the rooms are a bit of a mess. The neighbours told me a car across the road was stolen as well. Must have needed to take my stuff! According to the Police there is a pretty huge crime wave going on in my suburb right now. The nasties didn't leave an ounce of evidence.

I spent today (Sunday) cleaning fingerprint powder off everything in addition to cleaning whatever I think they touched. In my mind though they touched everything!

Jacob was really freaked out at first especially when he realised they had been in his room. He has been brilliant though, we got home last night and when we went to go into the house is looked at me and said 'its OK we will go in together". He slept with me last night and said he wants one more night with me.

I have heard so many stories of how violated you feel and always always had sympathy for others but until it happens to you as the saying goes it does really mean anything. Although I was lucky we weren't home as apparently this has been happening a lot I still feel jittery. I think I got up three times last night to check the doors and windows!

OK so on to nicer stuff, it was my Birthday yesterday, I know what a weekend, I spent most of the day waiting for police stuff etc but after that was all done I headed to mums for a family afternoon and dinner. A couple of friends joined us as well, it was a lovely evening! My sisters bought me some new jewellery a gold necklace and earrings which i love!!! Mum gave me new beside lamps which are gorgeous and we spent today rearranging and cleaning the room. guess that was a silver lining to the break in, it made me clean, clean and rearrange the house.

I didn't participate in the final weekend of ScrapChats CC as I just didn't feel up to. GypsyAngel thanks so much for the month of fun. Thanks to the Mods Sponsors, Chelle, Manda, Miss C. The gallery of work is outstanding, go and check it out!

That's about it from me, have a lovely week!

8 comments:

Chrissie said...

Oh Karen... I am so sorry that this happened to you! How horrible! I hope the police catch them one day soon!

Nardi said...

Karen - I'm so sorry to hear what happened. I personally understnad how traumatic situations like this can be and pray that your family is able to feel more comfortable as time goes on.
On the brighter side - I'm glad to hear that your birthday was not completely spoilt and that you were able to spend time with your family.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Lexie, hun, you have amazing family and friends all around you, thank goodness. I also pray that things will settle down now and you won't ever have to go through something like this again. Your sisters and Mum are so wonderful!! And Jacob, you are one special son!!

Hugs
xx

Scrappylicious said...

Happy belated Birthday Karen :D

Sorry to hear about your Robbery - I only hope Karma bites them on the ass....

Anonymous said...

What terrible news about the break in Karen - I'm so sad to hear that you lost so much - hope things return to normal soon. Thanks for the link to your blog - some lovely layouts here - thanks for sharing.
Leanne Stamatellos

ScrapManda said...

NOT the way to spend your birthday chickie! Keep smiling and hug that boy of yours!

Michelle Jamieson said...

Sorry to hear about your bad run!!

It turned out a good Birthday in the end. Chin up Lex!! :)

Chelle XX

Vjbradford said...

Hey Lexie -

Still can't believe your house got broken into on your birthday ... hope it wasn't too much of a nightmare sorting everything out!

Ness
xx.